Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Swing On The Spiral

I am an artist in stagnation. I hate to admit it but there it is. It isn't that I don't work at all. It's that I stop myself from really putting my work out there. I study and practice and get inspired by ideas. Ideas that really excite me that I would love to work on. Sometimes I start them, sometimes I just write them down, and sometimes I avoid the idea like the plague. As if this inspiration is somehow detrimental to me. Why? Fear. Of course. Fear. That completely illogical, soul sucking thought process that has somehow managed to dig a hole deep into my brain and claim the majority of my processes. I am done with that shit. Honestly, it's ridiculous and when you really break it down all you see are lies. It does not represent the person I want to be. But I am grateful for being here, right now, ready to face my fears. Keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment